Wednesday, January 23, 2013

A Diplomatic Task

Yesterday during my quiet time I read these words:

2c03467a64b811e2b0f022000a9f1369_7

I’ve written a post on them before, but they carry more weight each time I read them. I am an ambassador of the gospel. Can we pause and soak in how big of a deal that is?!?

Webster Dictionary defines ambassador in this way:

“1. an official diplomatic agent of the highest rank accredited to a foreign government as the resident representative appointed for a special diplomatic assignment
2. an authorized representative or messenger”

If that doesn’t sound legit then I don’t know what does. These words carry such weight and merit. We are given such a powerful and exciting job. Chosen to represent the most prestigious kingdom ever in existence. Woah. My thoughts and actions represent the King.

Ambassadors are not called to stay home, they are called to go out…to represent. The task may be difficult, but they are given a special prize. Diplomatic immunity. Think about it, not only is professing God worth it, but He promises to keep us safe, and His children are offered the ultimate reward: His redemption through the death on the cross.

Friends, do not be discouraged by the world today. We are given a special task by our Father. Go and be bold today!

1sig

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Love this! I have been reading lately about how God uniquely equips us and this lines up so well with that.

Brittany Kyte said...

This is so good, Sarah! I love it!