Sunday, January 13, 2013

A Day In the City

One of the perks of going to school in New York instead of staying in Pennsylvania is that all of my Bing friends live in different areas. Ok, maybe that’s not totally fun over breaks, butttttttt it means I can go visit them! And well that sounds just dandy to me. This past Wednesday I had the opportunity to do just that, I went to NYC for the day to meet up with some of my favorite ladies. Granted, I’ve been there a handful of times before, but it was so much fun to go with people who actually knew their way around!

We started the day with some dim sum. Let me tell you about that experience…it was quite hectic. The restaurant was packed and everything happened so fast-paced. Before I knew it we had dishes of food on our table (none of which I could pronounce of course) The food was amazing though! I’ll have you know I tried chicken feet there…that was interesting. After dim sum, we headed over to the Met to be all cultured and such. I may or may not have giggled at a few scantly-clad statues. Next we made a cupcake stop at a small bakery. Fun fact: that was one of my only requests of what I wanted to do in the city. I’m only slightly obsessed with those suckers. We made a pit stop at H&M for some shopping and then ended our day in Central Park.

After two train rides, three subway trips, and blocks of walking, I was definitely pooped that night when I got home. But, it was a blast! I am so happy I got to spend a girl's day in the city, and I cannot wait to do it again!

Bump Photos - January 13 2013

Bump Photos - January 13 20131

Photo 30

1sig

2 comments:

Samantha Shepherd said...

What a sweet day to spend with friends! :) Glad you're soaking up every bit of the remainder of your break!

jessanneharrop said...

So fun! NYC is one of my all time favorite places! :)