Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pray Big and Pray Bold

Right now, my bed is covered in laundry and my duffle bag is sitting out on my floor. Tomorrow is road trip time! This weekend, I am heading up to Syracuse with my Intervarsity brothers and sisters from all around upstate New York. Why, you ask? For Expedition! It’s our annual fall conference, and to say I’m excited is an understatement. I’m especially excited for the track I chose: Prayer Summit. I knew when signing up for the conference that God was really putting prayer on my heart.  I look forward to building relationships with the people in my IV chapter, and I cannot wait to fellowship with other college believers. But most of all, I am excited to be challenged with my prayer life.

As I talked about here in this post, God has been challenging me to grow in boldness with my prayer life. I have been learning so much about the importance of daily time with my Father, but I still find myself struggling to pray. To pray like I mean it. To pray like God will provide. To pray boldly.

I was on Facebook today and my friend posted this video about prayer. (Isn’t it funny how God works?) As I watched the message, I felt God beginning to prepare my heart and mind for His work this weekend. God is so good people!
Enjoy…this is some pretty sweet stuff!

I am entering this weekend full of joy and readiness to see how God is going to meet me, and every other student there, in big ways. I’m hyped :)

Untitled

2 comments:

Kate @ Daffodils said...

I hope you have an inspiring time!

Kate said...

Sounds like an exciting conference, hope it's wonderful!